Wednesday, July 13, 2011

but i have to clean the kitchen.

i am a procrastinator by nature, my father is a procrastinator - its in my blood, so when i had to write a very short paper for my continuing education film studies class, i silently freaked out. i mean its not like i am trying to get a good grade or anything, i just want to watch important films in a structured environment, i would say to myself.  i thought about actually not writing it at all because i was just "too busy with real life" but then i started to feel really lame inside.  so i turned to my old friend natalie goldberg who told me exactly how to handle the situation:


"it is important to have a way worked out to begin your writing otherwise, washing the dishes becomes the most important thing on earth - anything that will divert you from writing. finally one just has to shut up, sit down, and write."


thank you, again, for freeing the writer within me.

No comments: